Early Catholic Family Life (ECFL) is an exciting program that emphasizes the importance of putting faith at the center of family life. Modeled after the popular ECFE program, ECFL brings parents with young children into the life of the parish and to assist them to develop the spirituality their children were given at baptism.
At ECFL, we believe that a child’s first and most important teachers are his or her parents. Our mission is to connect parents with their peers and empower them to raise their children optimally in the Faith.
ECFL Program Details
- ECFL welcomes families with children 0-5 years old.
- Each class consists of eight sessions that facilitate family interaction, parent peer-connection and education.
- Each two-hour session is divided into three components:
- Hour 1: The Parent and Child Play Together Time
- Hour 2: Children and the parent(s) separate. The parents take part in the Parent Discussion Time while their children continue on in the early childhood classroom with a trained adult volunteer leader and assistants in the Child-Only Time.
ECFL gives parents an opportunity to learn more about their Catholic faith, discuss faith and general parenting ideas and issues with other adults, and build supportive relationships within the parish.
To learn more about ECFL, send us your contact information and we will be in touch with you.